Since 1927, Memphis Jewish Home & Rehab has been invested in the health and happiness of each individual who enters our doors. We serve people and families of all faiths with compassion, dignity, and commitment.
Beginning as the B’nai B’rith Home for the Aged, MJHR was originally located at 131 North Tucker Street in Midtown Memphis. MJHR became its own nonprofit organization in the 1950s, independent of the B’nai B’rith organization. By 1967, the old building was completely replaced with a new modern facility.
In 1992, the facility moved to its current location in Cordova and became Memphis Jewish Home. Located in a 77-acre park-like setting, the facility has 145,000 square feet of space with 160 beds, all within a warm, welcoming setting. MJHR added a state-of-the-art rehab facility in 2008, and is now Memphis Jewish Home & Rehab.
Named one of U.S. News and World Report's Best Nursing Homes in 2014 and 2015, Memphis Jewish Home & Rehab was also named the number one nursing home in Memphis by the Memphis Business Journal in 2014 and tied for number one in 2015 and 2017. MJHR was also named one of Memphis' Top Workplaces by The Commercial Appeal in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. MJHR is rated a five star facility by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
It’s because of the generous support of the community that we are able to provide the highest level of care. We’re indebted to our dedicated group of volunteers and donors. Funding is provided by Memphis Jewish Federation, United Way of the Mid-South, local foundations, and many individuals who are partners in our mission to care for seniors.
Please learn more and consider supporting our community partners:
If you’d like to support MJHR, click here.