Description and Responsibilities
Memphis Jewish Home & Rehab is seeking a qualified RN/LPN Wound Care Nurse for our weekend shifts.
- Provide direct care to residents, including the administration of medications, treatments and other care in accordance with physicians’ orders and the residents’ care plans.
- Perform clinical observation and evaluation of each resident’s physical, mental, cognitive and emotional status.
- Communicate with physicians and/or nurse practitioners regarding resident care needs and concerns.
- Implement and communicate all physician and /or nurse practitioner orders, including communicating changes to other caregivers.
- Respond to resident events, accidents, incidents and/or allegations of resident abuse, neglect and/or misappropriation of property.
- Perform an assessment of residents and provide emergency intervention, if needed.
- Initiate investigation of accident/incident/unusual circumstances, when indicated, and in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to stay current in your profession and practice and meet facility educational requirements.