Description and Responsibilities
Memphis Jewish Home & Rehab (MJHR) is seeking an experienced cook for our dining services department.
- Prepares menu items in accordance with established standards; serves menu items attractively, and at proper temperature.
- Implements proper cleaning and food handling for optimal infection control.
- Reads menus, recipes, and reviews the necessary steps in meal preparation with the Executive Chef.
- Prepares menu items in accordance with established recipes
- Uses proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Prepares substitute items to meet resident’s individual needs
- Covers, dates, and labels leftovers and stores properly
- Uses proper infection control techniques and protective equipment as needed
- Receives and checks deliveries against invoices as requested
- Cleans and maintains the kitchen in a safe and sanitary manner including floors, walls, all equipment.